MCLE Rules for Sponsors
MCLE Requirements for Lawyers, Limited License Legal Technicians, and Limited Practice Officers are in Washington Supreme Court Admission and Practice Rule (APR) 11.
All sponsors must abide by the requirements and standards set forth in Washington Supreme Court Admission and Practice Rule (APR) 11
Applying for MCLE Credit for a Course
To apply for MCLE credit for a course
For each approved live program, all sponsors must submit attendance no later than 30 days after the conclusion of the course. There is a late fee if attendance is reported more than 30 days after the course. All licensed legal professionals are responsible for reporting their own completion of recorded courses.
- To report a Lawyer's attendance for a CLE, sponsors must submit attendance through the online MCLE Online System.
- To report an LPO or LLLT's attendance for a CLE, sponsors must submit attendance by emailing the MCLE Team.
To apply for MCLE credit for a course, all sponsors are required to submit a $50 application fee. Apply at least 15 days prior to the date of the course to avoid a $35 late fee will be assessed.
To report attendance for lawyers, login to the MCLE Online System and pay $1 per attendee. There is a $35 late fee if it is reported more than 30 days after the course.
To report attendance for LPOs and LLLTs, submit attendance by emailing the MCLE Team. There is a $35 late fee if it is reported more than 30 days after the course.
Effective Oct. 1, 2018, sponsor fees are changing:
- Application Fee will be $100
- Application Late Fee will be $50
- Attendance Late Fee will be $50
- There will no longer be an attendance reporting fee
Duplicating an Approved Course and Creating a Recorded Course from an Approved Live Course:
All sponsors may duplicate and receive automatic approval for another occurrence of an approved course if it is to be presented no later than 12 months from the original presentation date. Sponsors may also duplicate approved live courses to create recorded versions. The duplicate must be submitted at least one day before the presentation, if live, and the content and faculty must be identical to the original course. Duplicate activities do not have an application fee.
- For sponsors of courses for lawyers: Create a duplicate course on the MCLE system, for each subsequent presentation.
- For sponsors of courses for LPOs and LLLTs: Email the MCLE Team the original activity ID to be duplicated.
MCLE Help for Sponsors:
If you have any questions please contact an MCLE analyst at 206-733-5987 or email@example.com.